Re: [linux-audio-user] More Homemade Music --

From: Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 20:54:58 EEST

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 05:19:33PM +0100, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> [...]
> No, nothing like that. Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds
> like the supermarket midi rendition of a great track.

Ahh, I see--the "Easy Listening" or dentist's office version of the
music. ;-) No offense taken. I appreciate the comment and point of view.

When I was young and full of angst and overly serious (I'm not
characterizing young people in general--just me), I strove for the
majestic, the profound, the deeply meaningful. I resented the Muzak versions
of great pop and rock tunes of the Beatles and others, when I heard them
on the radio or in commercial offices.

Now, so much water has passed under (and over) this bridge (my life)
that I'm kind of worn down, and even trivial pleasures work for me. ;-)

> It's still great, but the sounds are just too cheesy. Then again, you
> did say you were after that kind of sounds, so I suppose it's a
> success.

Well, I wouldn't have been disappointed if it *did* sound great. ;-)

My stuff may sound better over time, as my abilities develop. The
process is often the reward from my point of view. The creative product
often is just a reminder of the personally meaningful creative process
that produced it.

Best wishes,

Steve

When the government fears the people, that is liberty; when
the people fear the government, that is tyranny.