[linux-audio-user] Audacity & mp3 files

From: Gavin Stevens <gavin-stevens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 02:13:09 EEST

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the following problem:

Most of the time when I import an mp3 file into Audacity it opens with
no problem, but just occasionally, an mp3 file that plays perfectly
happily in XMMS, in stereo, will import as a mono file in Audacity.

Given that the problem is not happening all the time, I suspect that
Audacity may not be the cause of this, but if anyone can shed any light
on it & maybe suggest a way round it (command line solutions are OK), I
should be most grateful.

TIA

Gavin.