Re: [linux-audio-user] midisport 2x2

From: pirrone <pirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 05:54:07 EEST

svoufff wrote:

>I've done that already, it works if i unplug then replug the interface, but
>it's still not powered up after a machine start.Nothing in dmesg either.All
>the files are there but nothing happens.
>On the usb port next to this one , i have a Iriver player connected and it
>works perfect, but no way to fire up the 2x2.
>Thanks anyway for the help.

You're welcome, but permit me one last try: If replugging starts
everything up successfully, something is wrong with hotplug's
configuration, at least as regards it's behavior upon bootup.

If there are no relevant messages in dmesg and messages, you'll be
flying a little blind here, but I'd take a look at the loaded modules
(lsmod and lsmod | grep snd) after a boot and again after a replug of
the 2x2. If you see anything different, (and I'd also again take a peek
at the log files to see what this replug accomplished) that might give
you a clue.

What I'm thinking is the /etc/hotplug/blacklist file where you can place
modules that might conflict with the Midisport's starting. I had audio
and usbmidi in my old blacklist from RedHat 8.0 where the OSS drivers
were inclined to conflict with the ALSA ones. Without these, bootup was
erratic. Sometimes the 2x2 would light up and other times not.

You probably don't have this problem with your newer distro, but I am
not familiar with Debian. Still, this is all I know first-hand. Anyone
else?

Frank