Re: [linux-audio-user] no sound card

From: Musikun <midi_organ_net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 15:53:30 EEST

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 09:55:40 +0200
michel levy <michel.levy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > Not if you're using ALSA 1.0.6, that's way too old. If you have the
> > same issue with 1.0.9b, then it's worth a bug report.
> >
> > Lee
> I am using ALSA 1.0.6 the last package alsa-utils found in
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/SRPMS/
> And in this package alsaconf is missing.
> Ii's not a way too old for a user (not a developer).

I agree.

> I have verified that on the ALSA site that alsaconf that the package
> alsa-utils-1.0.9rc4a contains alsconf.

I have checked the package alsa-utils-1.0.9rf-2.i386.rpm from the Fedora
Project in the following way and found that alsaconf is missing.

$ mkdir work
$ cd work
$ rpm2cpio ../alsa-utils-1.0.9rf-2.i386.rpm | cpio -id

> But it seems to me a good idea to send a bug report with the solution of
> the bug : update the package alsa-utils-1.0.6-3.src.rpm.

The Fedora Project seems to regard alsaconf as needless, for most users
who have single soundcard on PCI bus do not need it. But it is helpful for
some users who has ISA sound cards or multiple sound cards.

Regards,

--
Musikun