Re: [linux-audio-user] More output

From: Mario Lang <mlang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 18:10:14 EEST

Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Mario Lang wrote:
>
>>ModEdit was a piano-roll like text-mode view with a simple editing cursor
>>which could be moved in all four directions. The current channels notes were
>>displayed with different chars than all the "other channels notes" which
>>allowed for a very cute view of things IMO. The more I think of it,
>>the more I want to reimplement that concept in Linux.
>>

> Hi Mario:
>
> Have you tried getting Modedit working under DOSemu ?

I slightly remember having tried it once under DOS Emu, and if I am
not fully mistaken, I even got sound out of it. However, the technical
limitations are a bit too extreme, it only handles 22kHz sampling
rates IIRC, and it was always a 4 channel editor per design,
which is another limitation I'd need to get rid of before even attempting
to do anything with it.

--
CYa,
  Mario