Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: "Music" made with Linux!

From: Mario Lang <mlang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 18:16:13 EEST

Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> The quotes were in wrong place. Here is a suggestion:
> Music "made with Linux"!
>
> I would like to see less Linux used as a simple recorder
> and more Linux used as a virtual studio, every gear being
> a software.
>
> So, if you have a human drummer, try to get him to use Hydrogen
> and drum samples. If you have a commercial hardware synth, try
> replace it with Zynaddsubfx. And so on.

There is just nothing more flexible and intuitive then the "interface" of
a real world instrument. Synthesized sounds are nice, but putting all the variations
in dynamics and other aspects of the sound together is a pain IMO.
It is just much more fun to take a maultrommel and bang away with
it than trying to synth it and then get a track together which doesnt
feel like a midi file without dynamics and exact quantisation :-)

--
CYa,
  Mario