[linux-audio-user] icecast and LAC2005

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 00:30:44 EEST

Hi,

I gave a talk at last month's DCLUG[0] meeting on icecast and how we
used it at LAC2005[1]. I was trying to stream the talk live while also
trying to give the talk and host the meeting.

I had the streaming working fine, but then hosed my laptop trying to get
the video output to cooperate with the projector. I guess that should
teach me to not try to stream and present using the same box. 8-)

Fortunately we had tape running. I finally had time to get those encoded
and up on the web:
http://techweb.rfa.org/images/dclug/DCLUG-2005-06-08-icecast-and-lac2005-tape1.theora.ogg
http://techweb.rfa.org/images/dclug/DCLUG-2005-06-08-icecast-and-lac2005-tape2.theora.ogg

My talk started about 30% into the first tape. Przemek, the LUG
organizer, stalled for me for a bit while I tried frantically to recover
my laptop.

Anyway, there they are. I welcome any feedback. The second tape is
mostly about Linux Audio. I'm sure I made numerous glaring omissions and
stated at least a few fallacies. I want to clear up anything I'm
misunderstanding.

There are obvious glaring problems with the production quality. Mostly
these have to do with there not being a camera operator most of the
time. I'm mostly interested in comments on the content of the
presentation.

Thanks.

[0] http://dclug.tux.org
[1] http://lac.zkm.de

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia