Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Specimen v0.5.0 and PHAT v0.3.0

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 20:07:36 EEST

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 17:41 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> > Thanks again for your work on Specimen. It continues to be
> > one of the very few "Linux audio" programs that I actually
> > find useful.
>
> waht about all the other applications around? Do you not need
> them or is it too difficult to use them?
>
> There are several very useful programs, so I wonder why only
> Specimen (cool app, BTW) appears useful to you. What about
> Ardour, Zyn, MusE, Rosegarden, ...?

I think I can see what Dave is saying.
It's not like Specimen is extraordinary (but it is extraordinary) and
the rest are crap (they're definitely not crap). It's just that for a
certain type of tasks it's pretty much the best kid on the block:
analytically playing one sample only.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/