Re: [linux-audio-user] Call for collaboration

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 12:57:32 EEST

On Wed, 13 Jul, 2005 at 11:33AM +0200, Christian Schumann spake thus:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 10:22:13AM +0100, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> > That sounds amazing! It's not what I was expecting at all, but I'm
> > very very excited about it.
> ok, then I'll try to get some better tracks over the weekend, if you
> like to.

I erally like what you have already. I know you said your timing was
imperfect, but that's just a bonus for me - if I want human-like
timing, I have to work at it to stop it being perfectly timed. A
little bit of organic sound goes a long way!

> > Do you have the guitar parts recorded separately? I'll put them in
> > with the rest of the stuff, get the levels right and shufty things
> > around so that they get the space they need in places.
> It's all done in ardour. 6 tracks of guitars (3 guitars, each stereo). I
> can put up the tarred session for you, but this would have to wait to my
> lunch break.

No rush - I'm off to work now myself, and probably won't have much
time until the weekend now. I have to prepare for a job interview on
Friday and a conference next week. In fact, two conferences, but I
have someone else to do the presenting for me on the second. If I get
everything done by the weekend, I can then spend some more time on
this track.

And just in case it wasn't clear from my last mail: I'm so excited!

James

> Christian

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)