Re: [linux-audio-user] Call for collaboration

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 19:17:12 EEST

On Thu, 14 Jul, 2005 at 10:51AM +1000, Shayne O'Connor spake thus:
> james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:

> >>Ok, see what I came up with on
> >>
> >>http://maitre.physik.uni-kl.de/~schumann/sv_WIP_guitar.ogg
> >>
> >>I have to apologize first for the bad timing, but it's been late at
> >>night, after a hard work in the lab.
> >>This is just some ideas I had, I don't know if this is what you
> >>expected. Now that Shayne wrote that he might have some lyrics for that,
> >>I would give it another try after I have something with vocals.
> >>
> >>I was kind of unsure whether to do some more clean comping with delay,
> >>or more of a full-on distorted rock guitar. So tell me what you think.
> >>
> >>Christian
> >

> >Bloody hell!
> >
> >That sounds amazing! It's not what I was expecting at all, but I'm
> >very very excited about it.
> >
> >Do you have the guitar parts recorded separately? I'll put them in
> >with the rest of the stuff, get the levels right and shufty things
> >around so that they get the space they need in places.
> >
> >I love where this is going.
> >
> >I wonder what Shayne's been up to?
> >

> http://blog.machinehasnoagenda.com/files/sv_WIP_vocals.ogg
>
> this is just a *very* rough copy of what i hear for this track ...
> haven't had *any* time to polish it or learn how to sing it properly:
> hence, some of the more, er, "intense' parts may sound a little
> strained, etc ... but i wanted to throw this up so others could give me
> feedback, or if they wanted to do backing tracks, or even sing it
> themselves ...

Nice lyrics! I know you say this is just a rough cut, but could I
have the vocal track as it is anyway? I can start piecing things
together maybe at the weekend and get something sorted with guitars
and vocals in the mix from the original - which should sound better
than just everlaying them because I can make room for them properly.

Good job! I think these will fit well with the Christian's guitar
part.

I wish I had time to do this today, but I really don't.

Thanks,

James

> here are the lyrics:
>
> Even though we had to wait,
> the shadows were receding
> along the shorelines of Fate.
> You turned just to say that you hate me.
>
> ooh ooh ooh hey hoo
>
> Last time we attempted to leave,
> the tide had been stronger
> and the river was no longer
> than our love.
>
> Even though our lips are sown
> Our bodies keep breathing,
> We keep leaking, from our bones,
> Centuries of Meaning.
>
> So much longer now
> So much longer now
>

> this is fun!
>
> shayne
>

> ps (it's just uploading now, but i've got to go out - so give it ten
> minutes if it don't work)

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)