Re: [linux-audio-user] best sound of out midi using demudi?

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 22:48:48 EEST

Last Wednesday 13 July 2005 19:41, Allan Graves was like:
> "What's the best way using a stock demudi and no external synthesizer,
> to take a GM file and get the best possible sound out of my computer?

I would personally open it up in Rosegarden, using QSynth (fluidsynth) with a
good GM soundfont as Emillo suggests. Often MIDI files need remixing to
account for the differing volumes of the voices. It's also worth looking at
MuSE if Rosegarden seems like too great a learning curve for such a task.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk