Re: [linux-audio-user] Made with Linux

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 10:04:18 EEST

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 12:30:38AM +0200, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> > http://83.141.72.40/music/92/complete.ogg
>
> David, the piano theme makes me think of children smiling, of age, of a
> tree's beauty. To me it is very, very moving. I think part of that is
> that the "piano" is deeply anchored in our acoustic and social world,
> like you hear a century when you hear a piano. And part of it is the
> beauty of simple things, like a child that smiles at you. Like the
> movement of your theme. I'm listening over and over.

No children or trees here, but it's sure nice. Allthough I would
shorten the track a bit.

> Another thing, bluntly put: The drums suck so very hard that they manage
> to make me cry after all. Know what I think? That drum-sequencers are
> just wrong. They do strange things to people. They did to the 80s.

I like obviously sequenced drums in many cases. But here the drums
have an entirely different feel from the piano. A bit slow for that, but
kick an claps still say "party" to me. That doesn't make the fact they're
sequenced the problem, since drums can be programmed to match any kind
of feel.
David: my advice would be to listen to some ballads, maybe older stuff
from Mariah Carey and to analyze the drums regarding sound and rhythmic
characteristics.

---
Thorsten Wilms