Re: [linux-audio-user] where to begin or where's the beginning begin?

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 15:56:08 EEST

Hi,

On Wednesday 20 Jul 2005 13:55, tim hall wrote:
> Last Tuesday 19 July 2005 13:34, Atte André Jensen was like:
> > John Mulholland wrote:
> > > <snip> if you happen
> > > to stumble across a whole load of cheap medium spec machines it may be
> > > the best option.
> >
> > How would you route midi/audio between them in realtime?
>
> Mmm, Audio cluster. Any sensible suggestions would be of interest here too.

I'm pokeing around a bit in this area!

There's a tool in alsa 'aseqnet' that can send atleast one midistream over the
network, which is good enough for me. Haven't tested this yet...

The other part I'm going to use is Netjack
http://sourceforge.net/projects/netjack (was called Udpsync earlier, might be
renamed again since the name apparently clashes with the OSX jack-network
functionality :-/) I've been trying it out as an outboard effect (running
jack_convolve on the second machine) and it works! You need a good network
and there are issues with small buffer sizes though. The software is nowhere
near finished but it can be tricked into working.

Regards,
Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/