Re: [linux-audio-user] Poor Schmuck...Cubebase!!

From: Joseph Dell'Orfano <fullgo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 04:42:57 EEST

Hmmmm. I don't often post here, but this article also got to me. I have
to say that my linux DAW "just worked" out of the box. I am not a
developer, programmer or anything like it. I am not a professional
musician. I am basically a hobbyist and have been using Linux for about
5 years. My first running version of jack and ardour were compiled from
scratch in the pre-planetCCRMA days and I muddled through it with a copy
of Linux for Dummies in hand.

Now, in 2005, I have upgraded several times. For me, fedora loads up
with NO hassle. Much easier than any windoze installation. Then loading
the Planet is absolutely straightforward. All of my installs have "just
worked".

I know I'm preaching to the converted, but as I read this article, I
kept hearing the voice in my head say "Yeah, I can do that on my
setup..."

Time to watch Battlestar Galactica then retire to the recording studio
and lay down some tracks. Let's hope it "just works" tonight!

-Joe Dell'Orfano

--
Joseph Dell'Orfano <fullgo@email-addr-hidden>