Re: [linux-audio-user] Python & ALSA --- documentation

From: Peter Brinkmann <brinkman@email-addr-hidden-berlin.de>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 16:46:28 EEST

> i recently evaluated your package while searching for a standard looking alsa
> midi wrapper, but the package seems to be focused on your application.
When exactly did you look at the package? If it was more than three weeks
ago, then you've seen the original version, which was indeed focused on
MidiKinesis.

I have since studied most of the ALSA sequencer API, and I have added
support for everything I can see myself using, most importantly support
for scheduling events via ALSA queues, as well as a fair number of
convenience methods for quickly generating and evaluating common events.
I'm actually hard at work on a new project that's quite different from
MidiKinesis and extensively uses the new features.

> any chance you could break off the alsa midi part and make it a separate
> package?
This is something that's been in the back of my mind, and now that you're
asking, I'll go ahead and do it. For the time being, however, you can just
download the entire package and ignore everything except pyseq.py and
midiplayer.py.
    Peter