Re: [linux-audio-user] More music -> Even more music

From: October <extremecs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 16:24:58 EEST

--- james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jul, 2005 at 11:25PM +0200, Leonard paniq
> Ritter spake thus:
> > On Sunday 24 July 2005 23:12,
> james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> > > Something miserable for a miserable day.
> > >
> http://www.dis-dot-dat.net/content/music/socold.ogg
> > >
> > > Also available in mp3 flavour.
> >
> > feel hugged :)
> >
> > i like the arrangement.
> >
> > this is my sunday track:
> >
> > http://unreleased.paniq.org/paniq-sunday_bam.ogg
>
> Hah! I'm loving this! Where are my dancing shoes?
>
> This is really good - I'm a huge fan of old school
> rave, techno and
> all the lovely stuff from the 90's.
>
> This is like the forgotten child of that era. It's
> new, but it's
> lineage is clear. It's based on the pretty
> amateurish stuff from way
> back then, but done with skill and a modern view.
>
> Gah! I'm so jelous! What did you do this with?
> It's a lovely clean
> sound.
>
> Ta!
>
> James

Very nice tracks, both of them!

I find *all* the music postings on this list to be
quite inspirational to keep hammering away at my own
attempts at making something resembling "music" ;)
Thankyou for that, all of you!

Now if people posting could just get in the habit of
including some of the creation details... perhaps a
simple list or description of what hardware and
software was used and maybe a word or two about how
you accomplished that certain special sound or rhythm
or perhaps what was the biggest challenge with each
track and how it was overcome?

Keep jammin!

Jon Hoskins