Re: [linux-audio-user] Making Envy24control settings stick?

From: Mike Jewell <mj405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 04:58:39 EEST

Thanks Jan and Kevin.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I've been doing other
stuff... 8^(

I tried it and it works perfectly. I have several small scripts to
start envy24control with different numbers of guzintas/guzoutas so I
just added the alsactl restore command before the envy24control command
in each one and it comes up ready to rock n roll! That'll save me hours
in the long run. Thanks again.

(Sure would be nice if the man page for envy24control mentioned that
file and command.)

Mike
Mike Jewell

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 16:01, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> On 20 July 2005 at 12:03, Mike Jewell <mj405@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > If I set the volume faders, mute buttons, etc in Envy24control, it
> > remembers those settings if I quit the app and restart it and even
if I
> > log out and back in and rerun it.
> >
> > But if I reboot, all the Envy24control settings go back to their
> > defaults.
> >
> > Where are those settings saved when I quit and restart or log out/in
and
> > why do they go away on a reboot?
>
> As root run 'alsactl store' before the reboot. Mandrake does this
> for me with the "alsa" service.

    You then have to do 'alsactl restore' after the reboot.

--
Jan "Evil Twin" Depner
The Fuzzy Dice