Re: [linux-audio-user] Usability vs Intuitability in Ardour

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 05:26:45 EEST

> But basically I agree with you: I'm not interested in automatic
> resampling (except perhaps as an explicit configuration option), but
> I'd love to have it as an option when importing audio.

if you import into Ardour (not link), then thats exactly what happens:
we resample the audio as we write a new audio file that matches the
session sample rate (and uses ardour "native format" (BWF or WAV)).

it does not happen if you use "link" (which is what *some* drag-n-drop
operations do; it depends on the drop location) because the purpose of
using link is to read from a pre-existing sndfile. obviously, we could
theoretically do realtime resampling on such material, but i've already
outlined my problems with doing that.

--p