Re: [linux-audio-user] jack xruns on SUSE 9.3 with Edirol UA25 card - SOLVED

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 04:11:48 EEST

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 02:38:35AM +0200, Cesare wrote:
> Ryan wrote:
> >>Are you both using the same network driver/hardware? Does it share an
> >>interrupt with the USB?
> >Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401 100Base-T (rev 01)
> >Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 7
> >(b44 module, marked experimental since 2.4.x days)
> >USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
> >USB UHCI Controller
> >Interrupt: pin [A, B, C, d] routed to IRQ 11
> >This is an UHCI controller... I thought the usb kernel stuff was going
> >to get some attention, something about top-half/bottom-half irq
> >handling? Afaik that hasn't happened yet.
> >-ry
> Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000

Is this perchance built in to the motherboard? I'm having issues with an
athlon64 box on an asus a8v with one of these marvell gigabit nics built
in. This is with a digigram mixart 8 aes/ebu card. Jack is reporting
xruns fairly reliable when I switch windows in openbox.

I'll try disabling the nic tomorrow and see if that changes things at
all here.

> I'm in Window$ now( developing in Flash, sigh!), can't check the irqs.
> But I remember that I checked for this and the irqs were different.
>
> It's also interesting that I got half the latency switching from
> kernel-2.6.10 to 2.6.11. The latter is x86_64, BTW. And I can't get such
> low latency on MacOSX or XP (neither with the Egosys PCI card). And this
> is a USB card.

athlon 64 3200+ here. though at the moment the kernel is compiled with
CONFIG_MK7=y. I'll try MK8 tomorrow as well.

this is linux 2.6.12.3 on debian sarge.

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia