[linux-audio-user] How to catch midi events

From: Dubphil <dubphil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 23:12:34 EEST

Hello,

I have two midi unit with knobs and faders connected to an UM2 midi
interface . But I just can't figure which unit is sending which
information. When I use AMS or om-synth there is no problems for me
because they got the midi learn feature, but when I must assign manually
all the stuff, I'm completely lost :)

it exists a tool that catch any midi events and feed stdout with all the
resulted parameters ? or what is the method to describe all the channels,
controllers... etc of the midi units ?

Regards

Philippe