Re: [linux-audio-user] How to catch midi events

From: Dubphil <dubphil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 02:53:13 EEST

> I assume that you are using ALSA. If so, you can use my KMidimon utility.
> It
> has a nice KDE GUI: http://kmetronome.sourceforge.net/kmidimon/
>
> If you prefer a CLI interface, you can use "aseqdump", included in
> alsa-utils-1.0.9, or "arecordmidi --dump" in previous releases.
>
> With a Gnome GUI and for OSS, there is GMidiMon:
> http://dufourko.free.fr/gmidimon/index.html

Thanks Pedro, Christopher has already point me on the kmidimon solution,
in fact I have installed gmidimon (more simple to install with my setup).
Then I have tried aseqdump, but the two tools (aseqdump and gmidimon)
don't give me the same informations.
gmidimon give me a number of controller (ie 176) and the other give me a
port number (ie 80). I want to know this information in order to use my
midi units in ecasound but it doesn't work, I will send an help request to
the ecasound list about the confuse (for me) midi implementation.

Regards

Philippe