[linux-audio-user] newbie with muse, ams and om

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 22:33:02 EEST

Hi

I'm trying to sequence a few tracks in muse using ams and/or om. I
started two instances of ams with "ams -j" and loaded a different patch
in each. I also started om and om_gtk, and loaded two different patches.
  Audio out from the synths are routed to the alsa_pcm input.

Now, I have the following problems:

1) If I select the two different om patches output is distorted when
*both* patches are sounding. If one is ams an the other om sound is also
distorted, but if I route it through jamin the sound is ok. Routing both
om synths through jamin is still distorting...

Shouldn't it be possible to just route multible synths the the alsa_pcm
or should they be mixed somewhere?

2) I only see one output named "ams" in the O-Port in the track list. In
the "Midi Port/Soft Synth" dialog how ever, I see 7 grayed out
occurences of the name "ams".

Am I doing something wrong or isn't it possible to run multible
instances of ams from midi?

I didn't include technical information about my system or software
version, since I suspect that I'm simply doing something wrong...

--
   .''`.  Peace, love & harmony
  : :' :  Atte