Re: [linux-audio-user] newbie with muse, ams and om

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 00:15:45 EEST

> Shouldn't it be possible to just route multible synths the
> the alsa_pcm or should they be mixed somewhere?

Theoretically it should work.

> 2) I only see one output named "ams" in the O-Port in the
> track list. In the "Midi Port/Soft Synth" dialog how ever,
> I see 7 grayed out occurences of the name "ams".
>
> Am I doing something wrong or isn't it possible to run
> multible instances of ams from midi?

Never tried it, but this also should work.

I have no glue but the distorted sound can have the following
reasons:

* Heavy system load
* Old versions of JACK or even ALSA
* Bugs in ams and/or om. At least Zyn behaves in a similar way
when using it in conjunction with a hold pedal

As soon as the distortion occurs, try restarting all
applications, including jackd and check if the distortion
reoccures immediately or after a certain period of time.

Best regards

    ce