Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound Blaster Live External USB does not work with jack

From: Peter Butler <peter.butler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 10:32:49 EEST

> Probably jack uses another sample format, Could you try using jack
> with two channels and 16 bits?
>
>>Also the USB MIDI interface seems to have stopped working with this kernel.
>
> Make sure that the OSS driver (usb-midi) is _not_ loaded.

Thanks again for your help. I submitted a bug report to the Ubuntu
kernel package maintainer and CONFIG_USB_BANDWIDTH is no longer set in
the default Ubuntu kernel (fixed in 2.6.12-5.5). I also managed to make
this work under 2.6.11 by increasing Periods/Buffer to 2, Frames/Period
to 2048 and choosing "Force 16 bit" in Jack.

It works ok but with high latency (~90ms). This is OK for me, I'm a
hobbyist. Also from what I understand USB audio has problems with
latency under Jack.

Thanks again,

Peter