Re: [linux-audio-user] seq24 - strange notes

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 11:08:24 EEST

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> The note-offs are duplicated.
>
> Does the same occur in the output of "aseqdump -p port"?

I don't have that command on my computer.

But "seq24 --showmidi" also shows the duplicated noteoffs:
atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ seq24 --showmidi
Reading [/home/atte/.seq24rc]
[JACK sync disabled]
[000000] [FFFFFFFE] 00 00 00
[000000] [0003] 90 48 42
[000000] [0003] 80 48 00
[000000] [0003] 80 48 00
[000000] [0003] 90 3D 4C
[000000] [0003] 80 3D 00
[000000] [0003] 80 3D 00

I checked with my three evolution usb-keuboards and both mk-249c2's send
the extra note off, whereas the (newer) mk-449c works like it's supposed
to. So it looks like a bug in the eveolutions.

I remember playing a bit with muse when I bought the first mk-249c2 two
years ago. At that time muse also showed the duplicate noteoff, where as
I don't think rosegarden did. Anyways, just recorded a note in both
rosegarden and muse and at least they don't show the extra noteoff.

So it seems that rosegarden and muse have a workaround for that kind of
behaviour...

I can't tell whether it being recorded or not, but here's the files
recorded in muse/rosegarden, maybe someone else is able to tell if the
duplicate noteoff is in the files at all or not:

http://www.atte.dk/download/2noteoff.tgz

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte