Re: [linux-audio-user] Again on sudden and occasional Jack crackling sound

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 05:33:01 EEST

Salvatore Di Pietro <salvuz_78@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> As you may have read in my previous post, it doesn't work anymore for
> me as of jack 0.100.0... does it work for you?

hmm... I just checked out jack from cvs and it identifies as jackd
version 0.99.44

I installed it but, obviously, I have to recompile my usual rig so I
will report later.

I noticed, however, that after I had installed (by hand) some other
0.9x version of jack, I still had jackd 0.80.something libraries
present (from an earlier binary install) and that's what the
applications were using. They complain now, so I will recompile a few
things and report back.

cheers

./MiS

P.S. just using alsa, everything seems to be working fine. But I will
test some more. Otherwise, I have also played with buffer settings in
jack and relevant apps to no avail.