Re: [linux-audio-user] (no subject)

From: anahata <anahata@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 15:50:33 EEST

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 02:08:02AM +0100, studio-64 wrote:
> Just need some vnc and printer ppd's for my HP psc.
> Not sure were you get these on Debian

There's a package called foomatic-filters-ppds
but apt-cache show foomatic-filters-ppds tells you that you probably
don't want this - instead go to
http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi
or get a PPD file from HP (maybe one came with the printer).

In my case, for ther QMS/Minolta Magicolor 3100 I found the PPD that came
with the printer (there are several; the one for Windows NT is supposed
to be the best) far more featureful than the linuxprinting.org one.

But if it's a PS printer, basic stuff on ordinary paper will work
anayway - PPDs are for when you want to optimize its behaviour for thick
or glossy paper or do double sided printing (all of which I do) and
other such tricks.

--
Anahata
anahata@email-addr-hidden -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk