Re: [linux-audio-user] Printer PPDs

From: The Other <sstubbs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 17:00:15 EEST

>>> Just need some vnc and printer ppd's for my HP psc.
>>>
>>> Not sure were you get these on Debian
>>>
>> Try this for the latter:
>> http://www.linuxprinting.org/ppd-doc.html

Besides getting the ppd's, run the utility you'll find at
linuxprinting.org to set the margins properly on your printer.

go to:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/cups-doc.html

proceed through the how-to, being sure to do:

6. Adjust the print margins.

Before I didn't do the "Adjust the print margins" step, and frequently had
trouble with printing web pages from my browser (Opera); the pages would
get chopped off. After the adjusting the print margins, no problems at
all. My printer is a HP DeskJet 540.

Stephen.