Re: [linux-audio-user] open & free soundcard

From: <joke@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 17:54:31 EEST

> Even though there is enough expertise to design the hardware and write the
> drivers for such a thing in my household; I have much smaller projects that
> I can barely keep up to getting done. I'd prefer to let the comercial folks
> do this. By far, they have the economy of scale(and sale) in their favor.
>
> But the thought of doing is very seductive as an intellectual exercise.

for buil one ok, it was more in the this way I thought about it, intellectual
exercise... but maybe some people know some groups that commercialize this kind
of soundcard (any kind of i/o), it's just that as we fight for free software and
to work and show how to use free audio software, I give advice & help to set a
lot of audio box (studio, live, radio...) and I just think about propose the
best, free, open device for audio (soundcard to start)...

I use a lot of soundcards (u24 egosys, some M-audio, RME, some Echo...etc) But
if I know a compagny in the free software spirit, I would use and recommand
their soundcards ;-)

cheers

julien

APODIO : http://www.apodio.org (Liveaudiolinux in a box?!)