[linux-audio-user] CD-Text confusion

From: Mike Jewell <mj405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 21:06:01 EEST

Hi LAUs,

I've been trying to understand how to get my burned audio CDs to have
the "Artist", "Album" and "Song" titles show up in my CD Player. If I
put a commercial CD in my drive it does, indeed, show the artist name,
album title and track names in "CD Player".

I'm running Fedora Core 3 (CCRMA) and have a ASUS CRW-5232AS CD Burner.

I'm using XCDROAST to burn my CDs and it does a fine job burning.

In xcdroast, I enter the CD Text I want and pick Disk-At-Once (DAO) mode
and the CD gets burned fine but the CD TEXT apparently does not get
written.

Does my burner not support this? It is an inexpensive burner but the
specs on ASUS's site say it supports the following "Disk Formats":
CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM/XA, Photo CD, Mixed Mode CD-ROM, CD-I, CD-Extra,
CD-Text, Video CD, DVCD, Bootable CD

Any help understanding this issue would sure be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike Jewell
One-Up Audio