Re: [linux-audio-user] CD-Text confusion

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 22:23:21 EEST

Mike Jewell wrote:

> I've been trying to understand how to get my burned audio CDs to have
> the "Artist", "Album" and "Song" titles show up in my CD Player. If I
> put a commercial CD in my drive it does, indeed, show the artist name,
> album title and track names in "CD Player".

Simply ripping + burning the files works for me:

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
cdparanoia -B
...change cd here...
cdrecord -eject -dao -pad *.wav

I also suspect that the information you see in your cd player are from
freedb or cddb. I'm not sure but this lookup seems to be based on the
number + size of tracks, so if this is the same on original and copy the
information should also show up with your copy in the cd player...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte