Re: [linux-audio-user] More music

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 11:51:56 EEST

On Sat, 20 Aug, 2005 at 10:53PM -0400, davidrclark@email-addr-hidden spake thus:
> James,
>
> I also like the metallic sounds, but I can hear their compression too clearly.
> Perhaps others won't hear it. Never know these days...

I hope they do. It was intentional! I want a really nice ladspa
compressor for doing over-the-top stuff like this without too much
ugliness, but SC4 has to do.

> Overall nicely done. Thanks for posting the URL. Personally, I would like
> to see people post something about their work flow --- sources of sounds,
> medium recorded to or assembled into, effects processing, etc. The stuff
> behind the scenes.

Try: http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2005/05/music.html

I do everything in cheesetracker, with jamin applied afterwards to
even it all up.

I try using other things, like muse, but I miss the low-level sample
paradigm of tracking. Of course, there are things that I can't do
with a tracker that I could do in muse, but since I grew up tracking,
I just live without them.

James

> Regards,
> Dave.