Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Frustrated bigtime

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 11:31:04 EEST

More unsubstantiated comment, for which I apologise:

On Monday 22 August 2005 06:54, Lee Revell wrote:
> Try the latest RT preempt patch that works with 2.6.12.  Or, why not
> just use a prepackaged RT patched kernel like the Demudi one?

I would guess that Noah has already tried it. There is enough traffic on the
AGNULA-users list to suggest that none of the prepackaged DeMuDi 2.6 RT
kernels are actually stable, they seem to work perfectly on some hardware and
not on others (partic. low-spec and 64bit machines). Most of the work has
been done by Free alone although Andreas Kuckhartz made a significant
contribution to the .12 builds. It is high time that some of the rest of us
got savvy enough to help out. I'm wondering if we're still experiencing NPTL
hell here, I'm not really sure how to find out. I will attempt to start
providing real information soon, promise.

--
cheers,
tim hall