Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki

From: Emanuel Rumpf <x@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 20:23:29 EEST

Randy Kramer wrote:

>Best wishes for the move!
>
>Not to be difficult, but (as <something> of WikiLearn) I have to mention some
>things:
>
>One of my policies (not sure where it is written, but I'm fairly sure it is)
>on WikiLearn is to never leave a dead link, so if you move the content off
>WikiLearn, please leave each page in place with a note like "Linux Audio
>pages moved to <new domain>, this page can now be found at <new URL for
>page>".

good idea
let's keep the content of wikilearn for a while.
If someone moved the content, give a note at the top of the page

>Also, I don't think it necessarily applies in this case, but if I've
>contributed "real content" (as opposed to formatting and orgainzational type
>stuff), I want it left on WikiLearn, as WikiLearn is (among other things) my
>learning notebook. (I don't mind (in the specific case of any of my content
>on the Linux Audio pages) it being duplicated somewhere else
>(non-commercialy), with proper attribution.)

I would suggest every author to move its own contents.

I suggest the entries of the new wiki to set under FDL
( GNU Free Documentation License http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html )
Or under CC? (Creative Commons http://creativecommons.org/ )
But since there are so many authors that would not be appropriate propably
Is there any "wiki-licence"?
I haven't thought about this yet.