[linux-audio-user] Re: SBLive5.1 Digital Synth Music

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 22:36:48 EEST

Hi,

maybe I can help...

On 8/22/05, BJaY <BJaY@email-addr-hidden-mail.net> wrote:
> Hi, I just got hold of an SBLive5.1 Digital. I can only get Synth sound my
> selecting the Synth capture, then routing alsa_capture to alsa_playback,
> but
> this means I can't use the line in for recording. The 'Music' slider is
> missing from all the the mixer interfaces.

If you use latest alsa and let jack start with device hw:0,2(?) for
playback, how many channels do you see? If you use hw:0,3 for record
you will see the same count input-channels. Now plug a meterbridge
into them and let your music play. Could be you get the signal of the
synth on one of these channels. I will check myself when I am home and
report tomorrow..

> I also have'nt got a clue about
> all the routing options or effects routing options. Aynone got a good URL ?

There is a project (lo10k1?) which tries to do some routing and
effects. But you can get all this in software through jack...

> It /proc and sfxload report 128Mb available for SoundFonts (Specs say
> 32Mb),
> and it works. Did they change the specs or somthing ?

The soundfonts are stored in your ram. If you load a 500MB soundfont
while having only 256MB you will see if I am right with this
statement...

Its late, going home now,

Arnold

--