Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 15:28:40 EEST

Greetings:

  Just a few (maybe humorous) words on the naming issue.

  When I met Bradley Kuhns (FSF wig) at a Debian conference I asked him
whether he thought I should be more specific when referring to my truck.
I wondered if I really ought to call it a Michelin/Ford since the tires
were indispensable and certainly a prior technology upon which the truck
itself is dependent.

  He stopped talking to me.

Silently rebuked for levity,

dp

PS: I'm definitely on the side of the FSF, but I can't escape the
feeling that RMS saw an opportunity and has been rationalizing his
position ever since. In other respects, RMS is a true Titan of our times.