Re: [linux-audio-user] Looking for New World Symphony, "electronic" version, pre-1986

From: Tom Poe <tompoe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 15:42:28 EEST

Randy Kramer offered the following on 08/23/2005 07:26 AM:
> I once heard (on an NPR station as I drove through Harrisburg, Pa., sometime,
> iirc, between 1979 and 1986) an electronic piece that I liked very much. I
> remember only that the announcer described it as something like the
> (electronic(?)...) New World Symphony. Also, my impression was that the
> artist was in the studio with the announcer, so it may not have been a
> published recording at the time.
>
> Is anyone aware of any electronic versions of the New World Symphony that
> existed (but perhaps not officially recorded) before 1986?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy Kramer

pg@email-addr-hidden
Peter Gutmann, has a web page about Dvorak's commissioned work "New
World Symphony" at:
http://www.classicalnotes.net/classics/newworld.html

He might have the information you're seeking.
Tom

--
Open Studios, Charles City, Iowa, USA
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/