Re: [linux-audio-user] Looking for New World Symphony, "electronic" version, pre-1986

From: Randy Kramer <rhkramer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 17:11:08 EEST

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 08:42 am, Tom Poe wrote:
> pg@email-addr-hidden
> Peter Gutmann, has a web page about Dvorak's commissioned work "New
> World Symphony" at:
> http://www.classicalnotes.net/classics/newworld.html
>
> He might have the information you're seeking.

Tom,

Thanks very much!

I've written to him, but I also found the article fascinating, not only the
parts about the symphony and Dvorak, but also the parts that may be relevant
today with respect to the issues around copyright.

I especially got a kick out of the story about the hymn "Goin' Home".

regards,
Randy Kramer