Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki

From: Randy Kramer <rhkramer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 16:36:02 EEST

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 07:23 am, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 07:19:15 -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
> > From another point of view, besides the mail list, is there any (group)
> > "entity" that already exists like the Linux Audio Users group? (By this,
> > I'm referring to people on the linux-audio-user mail list.)
>
> Well, theres the linux-audio-developers :) and linuxaudio.org
> http://linuxaudio.org/en/about.html

Ahh, so there is already a linuxaudio domain (.org) already in use and that is
not specifically associated with this mailing list. So linuxaudio isn't the
right choice (IMR(evised)HO), and even if linux-audio is acceptable as a
domain name (I don't know, offhand, if dashes are legal in domain names), it
would lead to confusion. So, I back off the domain name thing entirely, at
least until I see a name that catches my fancy.

I'd still tend to argue that if you pick a different domain name you should
rename the mail list to match.

Randy Kramer