[linux-audio-user] mono synth, note allocation scheme

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 18:31:01 EEST

Hi

I find that most soft synths (supercollider, pd, ams, zynaddsubfx,
amsynth, om) unser linux work in a "wrong" or at least unintuitive and
non-standard way. I'm wondering if a) it's something wrong with my
setup/keyboards or a general problem, b) if nobody else feels this is
an issue and c) if we should lobby the developers to change this behaviour.

The problem is in monomode. If one note is held and another played,
released, played, releaset, etc. there should always be sound as long as
at least one note is depressed.

Here's a graphical description of what I'm trying to say:

http://www.atte.dk/mono_synth.pdf

Any thoughts?

--
peace, love & harmony