Re: [linux-audio-user] mono synth, note allocation scheme

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 11:41:44 EEST

Hallo,
Atte André Jensen hat gesagt: // Atte André Jensen wrote:

> The problem is in monomode. If one note is held and another played,
> released, played, releaset, etc. there should always be sound as long as
> at least one note is depressed.

It may be desirable in some cases, but why should it always be this
way? What kind of priority is right: low note priority, low note
priority with re-triggered envelopes, high note priority, high note
priority with re-triggered envelopes, last note priority, last note
with envelopes (taken from http://tinyurl.com/93v8n)? SuperCollider
and Pd don't enforce any of these on the user, which IMO is The Right
Thing. I don't know how the other synths work.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44