Re: [linux-audio-user] Resampling Audio Libraries & Sinc Resamplers

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-lad@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 02:01:55 EEST

In the interests of full disclosure, I am the author
of Secret Rabbit Code (aka libsamplerate) which includes
sndfile-resample whcih David is suggesting that people
avoid using.

davidrclark@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> Part 1 of (maybe) 3

So why do this in parts? This is obviously an important issue,
so why not put your ideas up on a web page or better yet a
PDF file? Have you thought about submitting a letter or even
a paper to a journal like the IEEE Transactions on Signal
Processing or the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society
where your thoughts could be reviewed by experts in the field
of DSP and audio engineering?

If that all seems like too much work, maybe you could post
your arguments to the comp.dsp newsgroup. There are lots of
highly qualified people there would would be more than willing
to critique your argument.

Quite honestly, I don't think that most people here in Linux
Audio **USERS** are qualified or even interested in the
technical argument you are trying to make.

In fact people here are far more likely to do A/B listening
tests with a high quality signal chain in a controlled
listening environment. Tests like this are far more valid
that a library full of technical arguments.

Regards,
Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"I consider C++ the most significant technical hazard to the survival
of your project and do so without apologies." -- Alistair Cockburn