[linux-audio-user] Using pd with Wacom Intuos 2 in Linux

From: Jerome Tuncer <columbiatwo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 02:57:22 EEST

First: sorry for crossposting on two lists (inux-audio-user; pd-list),
hope it doesn't bother anyone...

Second thing: hello!

Third thing: the facts:

I now own a Wacom Intuos 2 tablet which I'd like to use with Pure Data
just like a MIDI controller. I plugged the thing in my PC equipped with
Ubuntu Hoary (kernel 2.6.10-5 included in the distro) and it works
plugnplay out of the box as a mouse would ("pointing device" seems to be
the scientific name for that stuff).

The two things I'd like to be able to do are:

- Stop using the tablet as a pointing device. To make it simple: I'd
like it to stop moving my cursor over the screen!

- Be able anyway to input data into Pd (x, y, pressure would be an
appreciated plus...)

If it is possible to do, I'm sure someone has done it already. If I'm
lucky he reads the lists...

How should I procede?

Thanks in advance...

++