Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] wiki.freeaudiosoftware.org online

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 21:17:24 EEST

On Thursday 25 August 2005 02:27, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> finally the Wiki went online:
> http://wiki.freeaudiosoftware.org
> Why a new domain?
> I often found useful hints in this list, but none of the existing wikis
> seemed to be on topic, so I stored info on my private machine only.
> It's a pity.

Absolutely. There is no reason why you could not have shared
your private hints with other users any time in the past at
alsa.opensrc.org which would then intergrate with, and enhance,
the reasonably substantial amount of information already
gathered there...

 Feel free to add more information and edit any page as you
 discover anything new and interesting about your ALSA setup,
 particularly any notes about how you got your setup working
 and examples of using ALSA-based applications.

If that was too ALSA specific then ANY number of subdomains
can be setup almost instantly for any worthwhile reason that
then also back onto the same alsa.opensrc.org database, such
as opensrc.org, musicians.opensrc.org and others...

 If you have created your own audio or visual content using
 freely available software then please feel free to contact
 admin at opensrc dot org and ask for an account to upload
 and manage your project via FTP so that others can also
 contribute. Feel free to edit any page and add information
 about Open Source content or the software to produce it.

... "or the software to produce it"

--markc