Re: [linux-audio-user] help needed with JACK options

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 19:45:48 EEST

On Monday 05 September 2005 13:51, Dave Phillips wrote:
I don't know about 1 & 2, but I can easily answer these.
> 3) Is there any particular good reason a user would *not* want -R enabled ?

It's very useful when setting-up to be able to run Jackd non-realtime if
you're having problems configuring / diagnosing realtime operation. There's
also quite a lot you can do musically without realtime being enabled,
obviously (?) you wouldn't want to master a MIDI piece without it.

> 4) Regarding the "Force 16-bit" option: When would a normal user want to
> activate this option ?

I've not encountered a situation where this appeared necessary. I keep it
enabled just to save a couple of egregious error messages. All my machines
are 16-bit, They don't need to consider anything else.

--
cheers,
tim hall