Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.13 kernel: which patches for better latency

From: Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 22:47:49 EEST

On 9/7/05, guy <sayhi2guy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm just about to compile a 2.6.13 kernel for low latency audio work.
> The docs I have accessed are either confusing (sorry if its just me ;0)
> ) or rendered out of date by kernel developments.
>
> I know that some features such as pre-empt are now in the kernel. Which
> patches (if any) would you folks advise that I should apply. I am also
> unsure if should enable the 'big kernel lock' feature.

I have created a wiki for my laptop that explains setup using the
2.6.13-rc7 kernel. You may find it helpful as it also contains a
patch for PAM to enable RLimits.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Asus_A6U

If you get this twice, sorry...my mails just seem to disappear when
they go to the list so in order to be sure you got it I also included
your email address.