Re: [linux-audio-user] hdsp pcmcia woes

From: Janina Sajka <janina@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 18:35:03 EEST

Paul Davis writes:
> On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 11:21 +0200, Orm Finnendahl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I bought a new rme pcmcia card. hdsploader can't put the firmware on
> > the Multifaces (it reports an i/o error). I tried two different
> > Multifaces which both work fine with my pci cards and an old pcmcia
> > card and different cables with the same result.
> >
> > the firmware revision of the not-working pcmcia is 32, the firmware of
> > my old pcmcia is 0a.
> >
> > Can anybody, who has a working pcmcia card, send me the revision
> > number of his card if its higher than 0a?
>
> orm, i have a rev 0b PCMCIA interface. its odd that them changing the
> firmware would have this effect. i could understand it if the driver
> said that it didn't recognize the device.
>
> --p

I'm also unable to upload firmware to my Multiface using either PCI or
PCMCIA. I've tried both.

At the moment I have the pci card in a 32-bit system running FC4 with
a recent 2.6.12 kernel and alsa from 1.0.10rc1, including
alsa-tools-1.0.10rc1. The error is:

Hammerfall-DSP: wait for FIFO status <= 0 failed after 30 iterations
Hwdep ioctl error on card hw:1 : Input/output error.

Orm, on the PCI and PCMCIA systems that DO work, what kernel and what
alsa revs to you have? Is the only difference between "works" and
"doesn't work" the PCMCIA card? Or is this on different
systems/kernels/alsa? Are you also getting an "Hwdep ioctl error?" Or a
different ctl error?

It seems to mee something between the kernel dependencies and alsa has
changed recently, but I'm at the edge of my capability on this.

                                Janina

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040
Bringing the Owasys 22C screenless cell phone to the U.S. and Canada. Go to http://www.ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.
janina@email-addr-hidden		http://a11y.org