[linux-audio-user] Jamin/Ardour export bug and question

From: Peder Hedlund <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 10:40:00 EEST

Bug (?) :
I have a 24 bit stereo track in Ardour connected to Jamin and returned
to another stero track. When the mastering is done I export the mastered
track to 16 bit wav. Everything works, but after Ardour has exported 100%
(and before closing the export screen) it's dead for 15-45 secs.
During this, 'top' shows 85-95% CPU usage for Jamin.
If I close Jamin before exporting, Ardour responds directly.

Question:
I have an Ardour session with 17 tracks that have EQ, compression and
the occasional effect pre-fader, a phaser on a pre-fader send bus and a
stereo reverb pre-fader on the master bus.
If I route the master bus to Jamin and back in on a stereo track
the Jamin output sounds fine, but the stereo track ends up with none of
the effects.
Is it impossible to do a multitrack mastering with the effects intact
or am I doing something wrong?

HW/SW specs: AMD AthlonXP 1200+, 512MB RAM, SB Live!, kernel 2.6.12
rlimits, jack in RT mode. Ardour CVS from Aug 31 and Jamin CVS from
mid/end July.

 Regards,

   Peder