Re: [linux-audio-user] Jamin/Ardour export bug and question

From: Jesse Chappell <jesse@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 02:23:32 EEST

<eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden> wrote on Mon, 12-Sep-2005:

> >> Bug (?) :
> >> I have a 24 bit stereo track in Ardour connected to
> >> Jamin and returned
> >> to another stero track. When the mastering is done I
> >> export the mastered
> >> track to 16 bit wav. Everything works, but after
> >> Ardour has exported 100%
> >> (and before closing the export screen) it's dead for
> >> 15-45 secs.
> >> During this, 'top' shows 85-95% CPU usage for Jamin.
> >> If I close Jamin before exporting, Ardour responds
> >> directly.
> >
> >I see this too. Until someone fixes it, just let it
> >run it's course.
> >

> If you have left JAMin up and it has input ports from Ardour connected it
> will continue to process the input. This will eat up a shitload(TM) of CPU.
> Either shutdown JAMin or disconnect its inputs prior to exporting from Ardour.

I usually skip the intermediate record step and do my final export to
16bit wav with Jamin inserted and active on the master bus. This way I don't
waste diskspace and the mastering happens faster than realtime.
If you want to keep several mastered versions around in the session
for comparison then this technique may not be appropriate, of
course.

jlc