[linux-audio-user] low latency streaming

From: Iain Duncan <iainduncan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 02:48:27 EEST

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get it set it up so I can work remotely on
my linux box from a windoze terminal over vnc and hear the audio via
icecast. I got icecast and muse working, listening through real player
on windoze. However, the latency is really high, about 10sec. I'm using
a AMD 64 3000 patched with low latency, and both ends have high speed
dsl connections. Can anyone tell me what to do to get the latency down
to a couple of seconds or less?

Thanks
Iain